Join us for the “Controlling the Screenmaking Process” workshop on February 1, 2020, to become more efficient, effective, and economically viable. Acquire the most current best practices in screenmaking. Please click on Description below for complete information about the event.
Join us for the “Controlling the Screenmaking Process” workshop on February 1, 2020, to become more efficient, effective, and economically viable. Acquire the most current best practices in screenmaking. The screenmaking process is where printing excellence is decided. A poorly made stencil can destroy your ability to reproduce the art in the final print. Likewise, a poorly made stencil can not be improved on the press. This exceptional workshop is guaranteed to challenge you to excel. Providing cutting-edge technology, students master the how and why of all aspects of the screenmaking process.
Learn proven best practice methods guaranteed to save you time and money, while increasing your stencil quality:
• Take your screenmaking to the next level
• Achieve Consistency, Predictable, and Reliable (CPR) results
• Gain Efficiency, Effectiveness, and Economically (3E’s) viability
• Choose the correct mesh to provide the right amount of ink that allows you to cease making multiple print strokes to gain opacity.
• How the proper tensioning process can make a huge difference.
• Decide which frame system is best for your operation.
• Make the right decision for the proper emulsion for your ink system.
• How to perfect your coating technique to produce CPR results.
• Gain the benefits of capillary film using direct liquid emulsion.
• Predetermine every exposure to provide the optimum exposure with maximum detail without ever remaking another stencil.
• Achieve better color matches from job-to-job with consistent stencils.
• And, much more!
This workshop is excellent for company owners, plant managers, production managers, workflow teams, pre-press teams, and of course screenmakers.
We will meet that the La India Bonita Conference Center in Cuernavaca, Mexico, the “City of Eternal Spring” with a median temperature of 72˚F (22˚C) year-round.
Bill Hood, CEO of Bill Hood Consulting, has been in the screenprinting technologies for more than 70 years. He grew up working in the family screenprinting business and has owned and operated several screenprinting companies beginning during his years at Sam Houston State University. Bill currently directs and coordinates the activities of the International Screen Printing Technologies Research Center. He has been a frequent speaker, awards judge, and presenter at industry events both domestically and internationally.
Bill is a Founding Member of the Federación Internacional de Hispanos en Imágenes Especializadas (FIHIE), Life Member of the Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA), Member of the Federation of (FESPA), a Founding Member of The Specialty Printing Technologies Master Academy (SPTMA), Fellow Member of the Academy of Screen and Digital Printing Technologies, (ASDPT). He was the 2016 recipient of the Swormstedt Award, recognizing Excellence in Technical Writing, and a Best in Class Award for Technical Writing.
|8:00 am – 9:00 am||Breakfast at La India Bonita Restaurant|
|9:00 am – 9:15 am||Introduction|
|9:15 am – 10:30 am||Stencil Systems|
|10:30 am – 10:45 am||Break|
|10:45 am – 12:00 pm||Frame System and Tensioning Procedure|
|12:00 pm – 1:00 pm||Lunch at La India Bonita Restaurant|
|1:00 pm – 2:00 pm||Break|
|2:00 pm – 2:30 pm||New and Improved Coating Technique|
|2:30 pm – 3:00 pm||Predetermining Exposure Times and Development|
|4:30 pm – 5:00 pm||Final Q&A|
Note: The cost is for a single seat in the workshop. Transportation, Hotel, Food, are not included in the cost. Please do not book transportation or hotel until you have received written confirmation from us.
Please read the Event Registration Refund Policy.